Bathroom Inspection Basics
In the process of purchasing a new home? You'll need to have an inspection done, of course, and when it comes time for you and your inspector to check out the bathroom, here's what to do:
- Turn each faucet – sink and shower/tub. Do they work? How's the water pressure? Any leaks?
- Let the water run for a while to make sure the hot water stays hot.
- Flush the toilet. Check for leaks. Take a seat and make sure it's sturdy! And make sure the drainage isn't sluggish.
- Examine the visible pipes for leaks and rust.
- Check the shower and the bathroom ceiling for mildew.
- The preceding is from the Federal Housing Association inspection checklist for bathrooms.