Tips for Greener Living
Try some of these simple suggestions and you'll be on your way to a more energy-efficient, sustainable lifestyle.
Do your laundry in cold water, and you'll save 80% of laundry energy, as most of the energy is used to heat the water!
Turn your thermostat down 2 degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in the summer. This little change can make a big difference!
Install a WaterSense-approved showerhead to cut down on your water consumption.
- Use your ceiling fans in summer AND winter. If you reverse the direction of the blades when colder temps arrive, warm air will be pushed down, keeping the room warmer.
- Unplug electronics when you are not using them.
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine only when they are full.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper. It will add a touch of elegance to your table and will save a tree too!
- Reuse aluminum foil.
- A faucet leaking just one drop per second can send up to ten gellons of water a week right down the drain. So catch those drips when they start! Being green is easier than you think!