How to Use Hot Rollers for Long Lasting Curls and Volume
Hot rollers are hotter than ever, and Conair® has a wide selection of modern hot roller sets to help you get the flowing, salon style curls and volume you desire at home. Today, in a world of modern hairstyling tools such as flat irons and curling wands, these hot roller sets are still the preferred choice for many. Learning how to use hot rollers is being introduced to a whole new generation. New technology has taken this classic hair styling tool to greater heights in salons and at home with new products designed to make them easier to use and gentler on hair.
Here are some simple instructions for setting your hair with hot rollers to create long lasting curls and volume, followed by some suggestions from Conair for choosing the best hot roller set for your hair to achieve the styles you want to create.
Step by Step Instructions for Curling Your Hair with Hot Rollers
Get Ready – Your hair should be dry before rolling. Plug in your hot roller heating unit and while it is heating up, brush your hair to remove all tangles. Let it hang evenly around your head. Mist your hair lightly with a setting spray or comb in a thin layer of mousse.
- Section Hair and Roll – Separate a 1-inch section of hair in the area that you want to curl. Remove a roller* from the heating unit with one hand and place it near the scalp underneath the section of hair you are holding with your other hand. Then, snuggly wind the hair section around the roller. If you want a cool looking straight-end style, leave an inch or so of the hair section unwound. If your roller set uses clips, fasten one onto the wound-up roller to hold it in place. Continue to section your hair and roll around your head until you have rolled all of the hair that you want to curl for your intended style. Now, it might be a good time to apply your makeup or make a few phone calls. Whichever way you choose, your rollers are at work creating the curls and waves you desire. *Image is representative of the results achieve with our rollers, not actual product.
- Unroll and Set Your Curls Free – Simply remove the clips and unroll each roller letting your hair fall freely. Loosen the new curls up a bit with your fingers moving from the roots to the ends. Leave it a little messy for a cool look or tidy them up gently with a wide tooth comb or paddle brush. That’s it! With practice, you’ll be able to control the outcome of your efforts and achieve more precisely the look you really want.
Choose the Conair Hot Roller Set That's Right For You
Conair® Hair Care offers a wide selection of hot roller sets for every type of hair with a variety of features to help create any style you can imagine, including table top hot roller sets and compact travel hot roller sets that pack up nicely in a suitcase or carry-on bag. Click here for details on the Conair Compact Hot Rollers pictured at left.
If you’re looking for a tight pin curl style, smaller rollers work best. For beachy waves and flowing curls, go for the large and
jumbo sizedrollers. Some hot roller sets feature different roller sizes to accommodate different styling goals, large rollers for big, wavy curls and smaller ones for tighter, twisty curls all in one set. Click to take a closer look at the Conair Hot Clips Multi-Size Hot Rollers as shown at left.
- Today’s hot roller sets come equipped with the newest technology. Ceramic flocked rollers provide even heat transfer with no hotspots and produce longer lasting curls. The Infiniti PRO by Conair Fast Heat 20 Ceramic Flocked Rollers are infused with ceramic technology for consistent heat transfer. They heat up quickly and are ready to use in about a minute and a half. The set has 20 hot rollers that come in four sizes, so you can create curls that range from tiny and tight to big and bouncy.
- Another good selection is the Jumbo and Super Jumbo Hot Rollers from Conair. This roller set features eight 1½-inch jumbo rollers and four 1¾-inch super jumbo rollers to create big, flowing, bouncy curls and waves. The ceramic infused technology provides consistent, even heat transfer for smooth, long-lasting curls.
- Hot rollers are just as hot as ever! Advanced technology has made them even better. Some claim that they are easier to use and more effective than a curling iron. With a little practice, you'll see why hot rollers might be the curling alternative that's right for you. Take a look at the complete collection of hot roller sets from Conair and Infiniti PRO by Conair.